Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Ross, Rachel & My Wardrobe Conundrums

I have a huge conundrum.  It needs to be fixed.  All day long, at work and in class and doing everything else I need to be doing, I am constantly exhausted.  Some days, I feel like I haven't slept in weeks.  And then I get home at night, curl up into bed, turn on Nick at Nite to catch Friends and.... BOOM insomnia.  Okay, so maybe probably most likely not insomnia.  If I looked it up on WebMD, I would probably have some lingering diptheria from my Oregon Trail adventures.  It's actually more like me wanting to watch the end of the episode to see if Ross and Rachel get back together this time.  (Yes, even though I've seen the very last episode.)  And then I have to check Twitter just one more time.  And then I have to play a game in DrawSomething.  And then... it's 2am and I'm annoyed that I have to be up in 4 hours.  It's becoming a serious issue and I think tonight I'm going to tell technology to suck it and try to sleep. 

This morning, I woke up as usual, to the sounds of Avicii "Levels."  My roommate was so proud the day I made a house music song my alarm.  (Have no fear, southern sassafrases, my Monday-Wednesday alarm is an Eric Church song.  I'm all over the place with music.) I went through my usual morning routine, which is disgustingly the same every single day.  I'm a very habitual person.  The only thing I spice up is whether I make my bed before or after I shower.  But I always make it.  Messy bed, messy head.  I'm a freak, I know.

So, I had such a cute outfit picked out in my head this morning.  A tribal print romper with flats and a belted cardigan.  And then I realized that the most annoying thing, besides freezing in shorts at work, is peeing when wearing a romper with a belted cardigan.  Not to mention, this romper has about 10 buttons down the front of it.  I've been trying to force myself to drink more water lately, so this whole peeing-would-be-a-huge-process-and-take-forever thing wasn't working for me.  Next outfit...

I went through probably 6 outfits.  Mind you, I just have classes and work today.  And I don't have a dress code at work, so I didn't really need to get all jazzed up.  I'm just weird.  And the AC at work is set to, uh, Antarctica, so I had to keep that in mind.  And the fact that it's 80 degrees and sunny outside.  Seriously, my life is so hard.  See the trials and tribulations I have to go through on a daily basis?  After realizing that I was, in fact, now late for said work, I threw on some Nike running shorts and a zip-up hoodie and left.  What a waste of 45 minutes in my closet.  I miss the days of being a child, when my mom set my clothes out for me and there was nap time. 

PS, I'm freezing in these running shorts at work. 

Love,
N

No comments:

Post a Comment