Friday, March 2, 2012

A Princess and a Serial Killer

Oh hey there superstars.  I'm blogging at you today from my bed.  That's right, it's officially break, and I am officially responsibility-free until March 12th.  Okay, I guess I should go to the bank and run errands for the cruise and clean up the house.  But basically, no real responsibilities, woohoo!

Last night, my sorority had a date party downtown.  What's a date party, you ask?  It's well, a party we host, where everyone brings a date.  What a striking concept, right? Anyways, it was themed, as is every party in college and sorority life.  I swear, we'd theme a funeral if it wasn't rude.  The theme of the evening was "Dynamic Duos," so my boyfriend and I went as Princess Peach and Mario from the old-school Nintendo days.  When I say I was Princess Peach, I mean that I always think I'm a princess, and it gave me an excuse to wear pink and a tiara.  And when I say my boyfriend was Mario, I mean he looked like a child molester in a pair of Goodwill overalls and a fake stick-on mustache.  Or, as we were calling it, a molesterstache.  If you don't believe me, you go put your twenty-something boyfriend in a pair of light-wash denim overalls and a mustache you could only picture properly belonging on a large Hispanic man with a guitar.  At one point in the night, I wore the mustache and got asked to dance by a stranger.  Hello, I'm wearing a mustache, creeper.

Needless to say, now that I'm of legal drinking age, these little parties and socials are way more fun than I remember my first few years.  Except, of course, that one social where everyone dressed as pin-up girls.  I'm pretty sure there's only 6 other girls left who haven't graduated and remember that night, but let's just say it wasn't exactly a good example if you're trying to dispel Animal House myths about Greek life.  My hangover day has been productive, though.  I've already retrieved my car from campus and eating a personal pan pizza from Pizza Hut.  What have you done today?  Found a cure for cancer and fed all of Africa?  Psh, that's child's play compared to laying around and eating junk food.  Step your game up.

Alright cool cats, there's so much hairspray in my curls from last night that it just may spontaneously combust.  I should probably go grab a shower.

Love,
N

No comments:

Post a Comment