Monday, May 7, 2012

Diplomas and A Bug-Eyed Cow

I'm graduated!  Friday, I walked across that stage and officially graduated the University of Central Florida!  I spent the afternoon celebrating with my family, my boyfriend, and my best friend.  I guess I'm supposed to be really excited and happy, but college was the best four years of my life.  All I hear from anyone is how much the "real world" sucks, so I honestly feel a little like that black graduation robe was suitable for the funeral of all my fun. 



Post-graduation, two of my sorority sisters and I showing off our diplomas for the College of Business.

Doesn't the boy look cute in his lavender shirt?

We all went to Ceviche's downtown again for lunch and drinks, which was just as amazing as ever.  I swear, I could eat there every day of my life and not get bored.  I just love tapas.  On the way home, we stopped at the little organic, locally grown co-op store that my sister works at.  My mom bought me fresh mozzarella and heirloom tomatoes, which were probably the best I've ever eaten.  Anyways, why am I rambling about vegetables?  I swear there's a point.  Sitting on the cash register was this little plastic cow, which I ended up leaving with, as a graduation gift from the manager.  It was silly and childish, but tipsy me thought it was hilarious. 


Come on, you have to admit that it's hilarious.  When you squeeze him, the eyes bug out.  I had it in my purse the next day for Cinco de Mayo celebrations at a local Mexican restaurant. 


Yum, sangria!
The whole weekend was kind of a whirlwind.  It was full of celebrating, but I couldn't help but be a little emotional about how much my life is changing.  I know that I needed to graduate sometime, and I don't have a reason to stay in college or this atmosphere any more.  I'm sure that after my two month vacation of bronzing and boozing I'll be ready for the exciting move and changes, but right now, it's a little scary, and a little bit overwhelming, and a little depressing having to say goodbye to such an amazing college experience and step off into uncharted territory. 

Love,
N

2 comments: