Friday, June 8, 2012

Work Week Numero Uno!

Happy Friday!  I know you've all been devastated at my lack of posting, but I've been running around getting caught up in my new job and being in a new place.  Have no fear, I'm here to tell you all about it!

I officially started work on Tuesday, and the whole week was full of meeting faculty and staff and being bombarded with information.  I work with some great people, I love the mission of my office, and I am just surrounded by a wealth of information.  It's a huge plus for a nerd like me.  Oh, and did I mention there's free coffee? I'm practically in heaven.

My transition to DC has been pretty calm.  My clothing and things are crammed into two suitcases, and every day stuff ends up spilling out of them a little bit more.  Packing a suitcase is easy... keeping it packed while you live out of it is not.  Joan Rivers is going to give me a fashion police ticket pretty soon for the atrocious wrinkles creeping into my wardrobe.  I may have a grown-up job, but I've been using my hair straightener to iron my blouses... not quite an adult yet, I suppose.

Traffic is horrendous.  Abominable.  Like, no one here can drive.  Which is a shame, because that's what they all try to do.  Every highway involves obscene amounts of merging and yielding, but I don't think even the most seasoned commuter has tapped into that common-sense brain synapse to get that down.  It's a good de-stress to scream "screw you, Maryland PETA jackhole!" at the cars that cut me off or almost sideswipe me on my way home.  Road rage?  What's that?

Anyways, the workweek is over, time to enjoy the weekend!

Love,
N

No comments:

Post a Comment